This is a fantastic dish. It’s simple and phenomenally good. I’ve never seen it at a restaurant, but I make it at home whenever I want a savory dinner that’s easy to prepare.
- 4 Italian sausages (I prefer the spicy version of Italian sausage, but you can also get mild)
- 6 medium gold potatoes
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400o Farenheit (Convection roast/True convection)
- Slice sausage links into 1-inch thick pieces
- Cut the potatoes in a French-fry style cut into ½ inch thick slices. Reserve until step 6.
- Use a 12-inch cast-iron skillet (use a good heavy, oven-safe skillet if you don’t have a cast-iron frying pan).
- Pour a thin layer of olive oil on the bottom of the skillet (about 2-3 mm) and add the sliced sausage. Add water to just barely cover the sausage. Turn heat to high, and wait it boils.
- As soon as the water with the sausage boils, turn the heat to medium/low. Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes, then add the sliced potatoes. Make sure they are under water, or add enough water to barely cover them. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, so that the water with the potatoes, oil and sausages is simmering almost at a boiling level.
- Pour the contents of the skillet through a pasta colander.
- Drip the skillet through a pasta colander. Do not drain it too much, put it back
back into the skillet-so there will be some liquid, just a little. Add ¼ cup of olive oil, mix gently, and then place the pan in the heated oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, mix the sausage and potatoes, and then cook in the oven for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, serve, and enjoy!
ITALIAN: Patate e salsiccia
Provare per credere
Forno a 200C, convection oven
- Tagliare le salsiccie a pezzi di circa 3 cm, e le patate a fette di 1 cm.
- Mettere le salsicce in una pentola unta con 2-3 mm di olio d’oliva, aggiungere acqua a coprire le salsicce a filo
- Fuoco forte finchè non bolle, appena abbassare a medio/basso–non deve bollire.
- Dopo 5 minuti aggiungere le patate e controllare che come le salsicce sono sotto il pelo dell’acqua. Cuocere 10 minuti -che non bolla.
- Scolare in scolapasta, senza lavare la pentola, non scolate troppo invece rimettete le salsicce/patate nella stessa pentola, aggiungere 1/4 of cup olio d’oliva, mischiare infornare.
- Dopo 8 minutigfirare e ri-infornare per altri 8 minuti.
- Buon appetito!